Biography of Steve `Boltz' Bolton ~ Guitar Player, Vocalist, Composer
• 1972 - Steve arrives in London from his home town of Manchester
• 1972 - Joins ATOMIC ROOSTER and records 'Made In England' with Rooster
• 1973 - Leaves ATOMIC ROOSTER
• 1974 - Joins & forms HEADSTONE, a mainstream 20th Century rockgroup with Mark Ashton (rare bird) and records albums with HEADSTONE
• 1978 - Plays with the JOE O'DONNELL band and records 'Gaodhal's Vision'
• 1980 - ZAINE GRIFF
• 1980 - Recorded with DAVID BOWIE
• 1981 - Records with Phillip Rambow on 'Jungle Law'
• 1981 - Tours the USA with JOHN OTWAY
• 1981 - Guitar for RICHARD STRANGE on the 'Phenominal Rise of Richard Strange'
• 1982 - Forms THE VAMPIRE BATS FROM LEWISHAM, a real cult band in the 80s!
• 1983 - Joins PAUL YOUNG as guitarist/composer & plays on most of Pauls records
• 1986 - Appears in the role of “Spyder” in the BOB DYLAN film, “Hearts of Fire”
• 1989 - Personally asked by PETE TOWNSEND to help him as a guitarist for THE WHO on their live tour of “The Kids are Alright”, including performances of “Tommy” with ELTON JOHN, BILLY IDOL & PHIL COLLINS.
• 1991 - Formed his band, 6foot3 and toured the UK.
• 1992 - TV appearances with DONNY OSMOND. Toured with BELINDA CARLISLE.
• 1993 - Recorded and composed ‘ALBION’ with WILLIAM SHELLER
• 1993 - Recorded at Woodstock, New York with JEFFERY GAINES
• 1994 - Recorded an album with LENA FIAGBE
• 1995 - Recorded with SCOTT WALKER
• 1996 - For a number of years, Steve works as a session guitarist
Present - Steve continues to play live with a variety of bands and as a solo wandering troubadour. Steve's latest band, Dead Man's Corner are shortly releasing a four trackEP, followed by an exciting new album during 2016. To find out more about Dead Man'sCorner, visit their website - www.deadmanscorner.net
During the 2000s, Steve became actively involved with the Rainforest Alliance and performed at a number of concerts in NYC with the likes of DR JOHN, LEVON HELME, KEITH RICHARDS, ANOUSHKA SHANKAR, HUBERT SUMLIN (Howlin’ Wolf’s long timeguitar player), ROBERT CRAY and many others of rock & roll distinction.